Last Saturday I got a phone call telling me that my little sister Whitney had been in a snowmobiling accident and was being life flighted to EIRMC in Idaho Falls. It has been a little crazy ever since, but she is doing better and we are so grateful that it wasn't worse. She broke her left femur, tore her ACL, broke her left wrist, broke her left ankle, and sprained her right ankle, and lacerated her spleen. Quite a list of injuries...she spent two days in ICU because they were worried about her spleen, but luckily that ended up healing itself, which was a huge blessing and answer to prayers. A lot of people in the hospital mentioned that she was lucky to be alive!
She had so many visitors, and a ton of balloons, flowers, cards, etc...she has a lot of friends and everyone has been so good to her. Here are just a few of her visitors...
On a positive note, she got some really cool equipment that made for some great entertainment for the grandkids...Nana took McKinley and Halle on a little ride in the wheelchair to get a popcicle, they thought it was pretty fun!
Whitney has a rough few months ahead of her, but she somehow manages to have a smile on her face and rarely complains. You are amazing Whit, We Love You!
6 comments:
We are so happy she is home and doing better. We will still be praying for her. I love the smile on her face, positive like the rest of your family.
Oh my goodness! I'm glad to hear that she's alright. I just got done tutoring a student who was home bound because he broke his femur and it sure is a long healing process, so I hope she recovers quickly! :)
Wow that is crazy. I am glad that she is doing better. I will keep her in my prayers. What a tough girl!
I love that kid! Love you for taking such good care of her!
i have something hard in my undies i want the little one to suck
Post a Comment