Monday, September 3, 2007

Our first experience as "parents"

This weekend we went to Utah for my cousin Bret's wedding and the BYU game (convenient that they fell on the same day). We also took Tanner down to Provo and moved him into his dorm. I think he is a little too excited to be away from home. We'll see if he feels that way in a few weeks. Anyway, on the way home Sunday night Mckinley had the brilliant idea of staying at our house for the night. We decided that would work since we were planning on going back to Blackfoot to the fair on Monday. So it was quite an interesting night. We quickly realized what it was like to have a child sleep in our bed, not too fun! When we woke up Marc had made her special request-- Pancakes for breakfast. Then while I was cleaning the apartment she wasn't happy unless I would let her help me do something. Before we left for the fair, Marc had a great idea to go and give her a ride on his motorcycle. I am pretty sure it was just a good excuse for him to ride it, but whatever makes McKinley happy.
I have to admit I was quite nervous about this idea of Marc's, and I wasn't sure if McKinley would be up for the idea either. I should've known better than that though. McKinley was so excited and didn't show one bit of nervousness. Marc went very slow and was super careful.

It was fun to have a special guest with us last night. She was on a little bit of a sugar high when we took her home because instead of hearing her cry, we gave her candy whenever she wanted. Sorry Ang! I am pretty sure we better think of a better method before we have our own kids. It was fun to see Marc take her on a ride, he will be a great dad! (in the far future)

5 comments:

Chandler and Angie said...

Thanks guys for taking our crazy little one for the night, she had a great time!You will be great parents! I'm really shocked about the candy though, at home McKinley has nothing but a steady diet of fruits, vegetables, & granola......

Anonymous said...

I'm excited you got a blog! I hope the far future is in 9 months!! Love ya!!!

The Manwarings said...

Oh, I'm so excited we have more blogging friends. What a great start. We'll keep watching. Good work.

Marta said...

Motorcycle! When did you get a motorcycle and how come I haven't gotten a ride yet? Of course, you'll have to take your favorite very old aunt as slow as you took McKinlay. Better yet, let's go trail riding and I'll take my 4 wheels and try to keep up with you.

Esther Ogden said...

Hey Newlyweds! Cute blog; please send me your blog address so I can put it under my friends and family! You are probably wondering why I just don't copy it from here, but I came from Amber Jo's blog, so it just shows her address. =) Oh, my email is essygene@gmail.com Love you both!